Submitting Intents to Compete greatly helps in preparations for the number of judges that need to be recruited for the competition. If you’re still not sure about a team’s participation by the Intent to Compete deadline, please file one anyway. Submitting intents does not obligate sponsors or teams to the competition.
Also, if all the information needed by the intent is not yet known by the Intent to Compete deadline, submit at least one team member’s name and class and the school information. All team names do not need to be finalized until the business plan is submitted.
The Intents to Compete Deadline is 11:59 p.m. Friday, October 28.
How to Submit:
- Go to yesforarkansas2017.startupcompete.co and log in. (Click here for instructions on setting up a Startup Compete account.)
- Click on the orange tab at the top left. If you had an existing Startup Compete account, it will say “Manage Ideas.” You will need to do step 3 for the 2017 competition.
- Click on “Register New Business / Concept.” (If you have entered teams in Y.E.S. in previous years, you will see those registrations. Scroll through them until you see this button at the bottom.) You will be taken to a page with a box asking you to “Complete your Listing for Startup Compete’s Public Directory.”
- For the purposes of completing the Intent to Compete process, you only need to fill in the “Business / Concept” and “Business / Concept Summary” boxes.
- The “Business / Concept” is the name of the business plan. If you do not have a business plan finalized yet, it’s OK to enter a generic name.
- The “Business / Concept Summary” is a summary of your business plan idea. If you do not have a business plan yet, enter a few brief words.
- After you fill out these two boxes, that’s it. You are not required to fill out any other information on the page, including the option at the bottom to “Display Your Business on the Startup Compete Public Directory,” unless you want to do so.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page. You will then be taken to the Startup Compete Competition Participant Agreement. Feel free to read the agreement if you like, but you can go ahead and click “I Agree.”
- You will then be taken to an “Application Page,” where you will be prompted to complete sponsor, team member, and school information. If you do not yet know who your team members will be, that’s OK. You can update this information anytime until November 10, when business plans are due.
- Be sure to click “Save” when you’re finished.
You will then be taken back to your profile page. You should see the business name you just entered in the “Business Ideas” tab.
Sponsors must submit an intent to compete for each team. Repeat steps 3-9 above.
NOTE: After submitting, you may get an email from Startup Compete with the subject line prompting you to register your team. Don’t worry – you’ve gotten this prompt because you’ve submitted the intent. This is a part of the system that is now asking you to complete the next step, which is submitting the business plan. You have until November 10 to do so.
Ready to write your plan? Click on the “Business Plan Contents and Scoring” link below.