1) Business plans must be a minimum of 5 pages, 10 pages maximum.
2) The Cover Page and Table of Contents are not counted as part of the page number limits.
3) With the exception of the Cover Page and the Table of Contents, all pages must be typed in 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font and pages must be numbered. The Cover Page and Table of Contents may be typed in a larger font.
4) Paragraphs and sentences can be single- or double-spaced.
Please assemble the business plans in the following order:
Cover Page (5 Points)
- Name of the company
- Name(s) of all team members
- Sponsor name, title, email address, and phone number
- School or extracurricular organization’s name and full mailing address
- A photo, drawing, or graphic of the product or service. Please compress any images to no larger than 2 MB each before placing it on the cover page.
Table of Contents (5 Points)
Click Here for an example of a Table of Contents page.
Company Overview (10 Points)
Provide an overview of the company. Include the company’s mission, history, goals, objectives, and the backgrounds and roles of the management team.
Product or Service Description (10 Points)
Describe the company’s product or service. What are its features and benefits, and why it is better than than that of competitors?
Innovation / Creativity (10 Points)
How is the product or service new or different from what is currently in the marketplace?
Marketing Strategy (10 Points)
This section explains how you are going to sell your product (or service). The marketing strategy section should address the following:
Target Market: Who are you trying to sell the product to? How many of these customers may buy your product?
Competitors: Who sells a similar product? Why do you think you can compete successfully against them? How will you market your product differently than the competition?
Price: How much does your product cost?
Place: Where and how can someone buy your product?
Promotion: How will your advertise your product? (Word of mouth, flyers, brochures, print ads, TV/Radio/Online ads, etc.)
Financials (10 Points)
Provide a Statement of Funds Needed and an Income Statement for one year.
The Statement of Funds Needed should be a a short paragraph that includes the dollar amount of money the team will need to produce its product or service, and its real or potential sources of funding.
The Income Statement should reflect the anticipated revenue and expenses (cost of goods sold) for one year.
Click here for an example.
Please ensure plans are proofed for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and proper sentence construction.
Business plans will be judged by a team of community and business leaders throughout Arkansas. As they read the plans, they will ultimately consider the entire business concept, including feasibility, the potential to generate revenue, and the ability to implement the business.
Preparing to Upload the Plans
Please convert business plans to PDF before uploading them to Startup Compete. Please give this PDF document the same name as that of your business. When the conversion is complete, please ensure all pages were properly converted. Plans that cannot be opened or that are missing pages cannot be judged and will be disqualified.
Ready to upload? Get information and instructions here: arcapital.com/aeaf/yes/yes-business-plan.