2016 Y.E.S. Expo Day is February 5 at Park Plaza Mall in Little Rock
The Arkansas Economic Acceleration Foundation (AEAF) announced December 16, 2015, the 25 teams advancing to the final round of the 11th annual Youth Entrepreneur Showcase (Y.E.S.) for Arkansas for Arkansas business plan competition.
Top 25 finalist teams, in alphabetical order by team name:
- A to Z Inc.; Washington Middle School, El Dorado
- Bocket; Bradford Elementary School, Bradford
- Flash Brush; Southwest Middle School, Searcy
- Geeky Grips; Forest Heights STEM Academy, Little Rock
- H.A.M.M.A. Headbandz; Southwest Middle School, Searcy
- Hook-A-Balm; Washington Middle School, El Dorado
- LoveYourMother; Pulaski Heights Middle School, Little Rock
- L’s Designs; Christ the King Catholic School, Little Rock
- Magnetic Masterpieces; Cotter Public Schools, Cotter
- Paperings; Forest Heights STEM Academy, Little Rock
- Party in a Box; North Heights Junior High School, Texarkana
- Pok It; Forest Heights STEM Academy, Little Rock
- Ribbon-Wrapz; Carlisle Elementary School, Carlisle
- Robot Café; Prairie Grove Middle School, Prairie Grove
- Shade-Its; Christ the King Catholic School, Fort Smith
- Soapies; Manila Middle School, Manila*
- Stresslets; Forest Heights STEM Academy, Little Rock
- Sugar Sweets Sugar Scrubs; Omaha Public Schools, Omaha
- Super Slimers; Sheridan Intermediate School, Sheridan
- Tarros Colorido; Omaha Public Schools, Omaha
- Tasty Paste; Lonoke Elementary School, Lonoke
- The Quizzicals; Prairie Grove Middle School, Prairie Grove
- The Repurposed Project; Pulaski Heights Middle School, Little Rock
- Trendy T-Shirt Tribe; Cotter Public Schools, Cotter
- Triple Chocolate Squares; North Heights Junior High School, Texarkana
*Soapies is unable to attend Expo Day, so 26th-place team Cre8tive Kidz Co.; Pangburn Public Schools, Pangburn, will take its place.
The teams will compete in the 2016 Y.E.S. for Arkansas Expo Day beginning at 10:00 a.m. Friday, February 5, 2016, at Park Plaza Mall in Little Rock, third level. The expo is open to the public.
Each team and its teacher advisor will have a booth to showcase their business ideas and sell products to Park Plaza Mall patrons between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Judges will visit the teams during this period to select first- through fourth-place winners in the following categories: Best Business Plan, Most Innovative Product, Best Marketing Piece, and Best Retail Booth Display.
AEAF will announce the winners in a 1:30 p.m. ceremony on the second level of Park Plaza Mall. Cash prizes of $1,100 and a school trophy will be awarded to the advisors of the four top teams in each category ($4,400 total). Cash prizes of up to $1,050 are awarded to all students who are members of the top three teams (up to $4,200 total). The four teams in each category also receive souvenir medals.