Teams who are either certain they will be submitting business plans for the competition — or teams who are still undecided — need to submit an Intent to Compete via Startup Compete by 11:59 p.m. Friday, February 3, 2017.
If business plans are not submitted by the February 26 deadline, the intent is dropped from the team’s Startup Compete account.
- Go to dwrgc2017.startupcompete.co and log in.
- Once logged in, go to the top right hand corner of the page and click on “Profile.”
- Click on the “Business Ideas” tab, then click on “Register New Business / Concept.”
- You will be taken to a page with a box asking you to “Complete your Listing for Startup Compete’s Public Directory.” Fill out only the information marked with an asterisk:
- Title of Business / Concept (This is the name of the team’s business plan. If a name has not been decided, a generic name can be entered.)
- Business Concept / Summary (This is the summary of your business idea. A few sentences are fine.)
- For the purposes of the competition, you are not required to fill out any other information on the page.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page. You will then be taken to the “Startup Compete Competition Participant Agreement.” Feel free to read the agreement if you’d like, but you’re safe to go ahead and click “I Agree.”
- You will then be taken to the application page. First, you are prompted to “Add a Team Member or Advisor and Send an Invitation.” This step allows team members and advisors to see the information posted in the team’s account. Because teams are required to have advisors (see #6 in the Competition Rules), you must send an invite to them.
- The second prompt is to fill out the “Application for ______ (this is the “Title of Business / Concept” from #4 above.) Please fill out all of the information marked, “Required.” All team and advisor information does not need to be finalized until the business plan is submitted.
- You will then be taken back to your profile page. You should see the business title / concept you entered for #4 above in the “Business Ideas” tab. Nothing further needs to be done at this time.
The next step in the competition is to prepare your business plan for uploading to Startup Compete by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, February 26. See Business Plan Content and Formatting Requirements.